Easy to make from scratch with even the most basic kitchen utensils, chocolate chip cookies is a comfort food that we all love to munch on. What about a cold glass of milk and a couple of cookies to start off the day smiling.
One time I have used the Halloween chocolate Hershey with almonds left overs to bake my cookies. Needless to say, they disappeared within a day. Here’s an idea, I will soon put in the recipe for peanut butter chocolate chip cookies. Just a few simple steps for the sweet cravings I am getting now. Hope you love this.
Ingredients for chocolate chip cookie
- 3 cups or 750 ml of all purpose flour
- 1 cup or 250 ml of butter
- ½ cup or 125 ml of white sugar
- 1 ½ cup or 375 ml of brown sugar
- 2 tea spoons of vanilla extract
- 1 tea spoon of baking powder
- 1 tea spoon of salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 ½ cup or 325 ml of your favorite chocolate.
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit or 175 degrees Celsius.
- With your processor or cake mixer, process the butter, white and brown sugar together.
- Add your eggs in one at a time while processing until smooth texture.
- With a little warm water, dissolve the baking soda and incorporate it in the batter, add the salt and mix it well.
- Add the flour and mix well.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix one more with a wooden spoon.
- Use a baking pan and add parchment paper on it or simply grease the pan so the cookie will not stick.
- Put a spoon full of batter onto the baking pan and repeat the process till baking pan is full.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes into the preheated oven or until the desired crispiness.
- If you want a moist and chewy cookie, simply bake it for 5 to 7 minutes or until the outside of the cookie dough is lightly browned. The middle may still be raw but by taking the pan out of the oven, the cookie dough will still bake and the result should be a chewy cookie.
Takes approximately 20 to 35 minutes in total time and makes 2 dozen cookies. Really depends how big a cookie you make.
Leave a comment, hope you like it.